Oh, geez, look at the calendar. Why haven’t I posted in so long? There’s this matter of moving to our permanent studio (YAAAAAAY) and that’s been eating most of the available brain for a while. There will be an entire accounting of that, promise.
But for now, there’s been a gorgeous dress to create. Here’s the next installment on how that’s all going:
Here are the skirts removed from their bodicen (plural of ‘bodice’; just sounds better to me):
and next we press out all of those nasty wrinkles from time in storage:
Pressing the fabric also gives us a much better view of what’s clean and where there might be smudges or stains. These are reclaimed dresses, after all. They’ve seen some living and they’ve seen some love.
Next we lay out the fabric onto our work surface (the floor is easier than a table and we keep it spiffy-clean):
And we lay our individualized pattern pieces onto it:
Then we cut them out:
Meanwhile, there’s the lining to create. This fabric will be new and not reclaimed, which changes the process a bit.
We don’t need to prep this fabric, only cut it from the bolt. Here’s the bolt:
and here are the pieces laid out on it:
We get busy with the scissors and now we have all of our pieces!
Time for basic construction. We pin with all the pins ever:
And sew it all together.
Let’s stop there; we’ve got more packing up to do!
See you sooooooon